The RYSA Rural Youth Skills Development Program is organized by the Center for Rural Youth Entrepreneurship and Environmental Development with the support of the Federal Government with UNCDF, UNIDO and EU as partners financial. The program is designed to bring skills acquisition programs to the rural youth population with the aim of creating income-generating opportunities, stemming youth unrest, discouraging rural-urban migration and developing the local economy. The target youth demographics are young rural Nigerians from a rural community who are also in need of business start-up and fundamental business skills. The target youth demographics under this program are semi-literate and illiterate young people, who have acquired vocational training, need start-up skills and basic business skills.
The RYSA program has two training components as follows:
- Hands-on/hands-on training: This involves training program recipients to acquire other practical skills needed to succeed in the businesses of their choice. This training will be delivered by designated master trainers in different communities across the country.
2. Community Business School (CBS) training: CBS training is a compulsory program for all RYSA recipients which must be taken once a week for twelve weeks as part of the practical training programs. The program aims to equip seed grant recipients with business skills essential for success in life and business.
Community Business School (CBS) Lesson Plan:
- 1. Introduction to business
5. Community Service and Volunteering
6. Business Networking
7. Business modeling
List of Skillsets/Companies/Companies:
- 1. Aluminum profiling
Catering and Confectionery
3. Electrical installations and repairs
4. Fashion and designs
8. POP, screed making and painting
10. Welding and Fabrication
11. Woodwork and furniture
12. Solar works
13. Auto mechanic
- Interested applicants must register and pass the competency test in their chosen competency area to be eligible for the program.
- Beneficiaries must complete the Refresher/CBS training prior to the presentation of the Start-up Packs.
- Applicants must pass the End-of-Training Skills Test and the Community Business School (CBS) Training Test before receiving a certificate and receiving support.
- Successful grantees must undergo the Center for Rural Youth Entrepreneurship and Environmental Development mentorship process.
Benefits for RYSA trainees:
- Monthly allowance
- Beneficiaries of the scheme will receive the minimum monthly stipend of N50,000 during their 6 (six) month training with RYSA
The starter packs for the RYSA Nigeria program are;
- work tools
The Work Tools are equipment that will be given to the beneficiaries at the end of the training, which will be used to start their own business. While the start-up grant supports their businesses as new labor employers.
- Plant Subsidies
The RYSA Program Seed Grants will be given to beneficiaries at the end of their training as a start-up aid
Application to the RYSA program:
- Interested applicants should visit rysa.ng/apply to submit an online application form by the given deadline.
- Candidates must register for the online proficiency tests based on their chosen skill area.
- The candidates to Lynx must complete and submit the Guarantor Form.
- Shortlisted candidates are required to take oral interviews and take online competency tests based on their chosen skill area.
- Selected applicants must abide by the rules and regulations established by Rural Youth Entrepreneurship and Environmental Development.
The application deadline for RYSA Nigeria is 31 December 2022.
All rights reserved. This material and any other digital content on this website may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without the prior express written permission of PUNCH.
Contact: [email protected]
#Application #Rural #Youth #Skills #Acquisition #RYSA #Scheme #Punch #Newspapers